Why choose Asia University for your study? Answer: see the following 16 facts of strengths of the university!
Being evaluated to be excellent or No. 1 in university-running achievements in three national university accreditations, leading all other private universities ---
· In the 2005 evaluation of all universities in Taiwan conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE), Asia University (AU) was evaluated to be No. 1 in the third group of universities (new universities), with six items of achievements (science, engineering, internationalization, extension education, student affairs, & administrative supports) being recognized as excellent.
· In 2008, in the department accreditations enforced by the MOE, all the departments of AU and their associated MS and PhD programs were all evaluated to "pass with excellency" --- the best result of all the universities in Taiwan!
· In 2011, AU was evaluated for the second time to "pass with excellency" all the five standards of institutional accreditation, as shown by the certificate issued by the center below (no ranking was given this time).
Being granted the honorable Teaching Excellency Promotion Projects consecutively for 9 years the Ministry of Education ---
· Asia University has been granted by the Ministry of Education the honorable Project of Teaching Excellency Promotion for 9 consecutive years.
· The financial support coming from the projects up to 427.5 million NT dollars were used to set up leading professional labs, purchase sufficient software and hardware facilities, conduct advance researches, and provide good supports for teachers and students, leading to a "Teaching-excellent University."
· The recent 3-year project (2013~2015) aims to achieve the following goals: teaching quality assurance , learning for practical use, independent learning, tutors for academia and industry, international mobility, social responsibility, and courses for soft- and hardware strength.
Being promoted to the university level in 2005 with a speed record, and united with China Medical University to form China Asia Associated University ---
· Owing to excellency in education achievements, this school, originally a college, was promoted by the Ministry of Education to be the university level named "Asia University" with a new record of speed in Taiwan (taking only 4 years).
· Since 2012, this school has united with China Medical University to form a united university, called China Asia Associated University and abbreviated as CAAU, aiming to complement each other's strengths and share resources.
Having recruiting a strong faculty rivaling national universities, and established a Nobel Laureate Forum to cultivate students ---
· More than 95% of the faculty are assistant professors or higher, rivaling the faculty qualities of most national universities in Taiwan. There are also many chair and honorary professors, forming a very strong academic circle in the campus.
· Starting from 2010, Asia University has established a "Nobel Laureate Forum", and have invited 15 Nobel laureates so far (Dec. 2014) to give speeches at the school, inspiring students and faculty members to see higher and longer on the road of academia.
Constructing incomparable campus buildings with elegant and artistic Greek and Romanian styles, and invited world-renown architect Tadao Ando to design Asia Museum of Modern Art --
· Asia University continuously constructs buildings with elegant Greek or Romanian styles. There are three lily ponds and various plants in the campus, forming a garden university with cherry blossoms in Spring, lily flowers in Summer, Hong Kong orchids in Autumn, and full-blown roses in Winter. The atrium of each building is decorated with green vines.
· The design and planning of Asia University campus was granted a national award --- a gold medal of the Taiwan Real-estate Excellence Award in 2009, receiving the comment "with the far view of the founder, the school is, by following a prescribed plan, constructed gradually into a complete campus with planting design and ecological systems implanted in order.
· Asia University invited world-renown architect Tadao Ando to design a museum for the school, named Asian Museum of Modern Art, which was completed in Oct. 2013 and elected nationally in the same year as one of the ten best university scenes in Taiwan.
· Asia University has been making efforts to become a "green campus," ever since the establishment of the school, and has been recognized as No. 41 best "Green University" in the world and No. 2 best in Taiwan (No. 1 best private university in this aspect in Taiwan).
Establishing forward-looking departments which reflect the society's needs and world's trend, as well as emphasize internship programs; and establishing a Learning & Career Development Center to help students seek jobs after graduations ---
· Serious consideration was taken in the establishment of the departments in the university to reflect the needs of the era, in order to cultivate students with competitiveness after graduation.
· Each department has internship programs to cultivate students with unique professions. Before graduation, students have to take the internship in related companies to get familiar with the market and put into practice of what they have learned.
· A Learning & Career Development Center has been set up to offer the following services to students: (1) information and advice about career services; (2) graduate employment survey and records; (3) alumni relations; (4) career counseling - responsible for job fairs and other related activities; (5) education counseling - responsible for caring students "from the first mile to the last."
Recruiting renowned faculty members to establish a superb school, and cultivate award-winning students ---
· Asia University hires many senior and chair professors from national universities, who form strong teaching and research mentoring system to lead junior professors. Their academic performances are very outstanding and rewarding. They encourage many graduates to continue their further studies in national universities.
· The faculty members and the students of Asia University participate international design and invention contests all the time, and in recent years (2010-2014) have won many awards, including 72 gold, 87 silver, 52 bronze, 27 special medals, as well as 30 famous RedDot and iF Awards (including 7 "Best of the Best" awards).
· According to the 2013 official ranking list of the famous Germany iF Design Awards, Asia University is ranked the 31st best university in the world and the 9th in Taiwan.
Conducting frequent international exchanges and attracting many international students, in order to cultivate students' global views ---
· Asia University has about 80 foreign sister universities, and many foreign university students come to Asia university to take credited courses with Taiwan views.
· Asia University offers various English-instructed degree programs for international students as well as international joint-degree programs for domestic students, recruiting about 250 international students to study in campus in 2013.
· Asia University was selected by the Ministry of Education as a school of internationalization excellence in 2010, with the rank of 14 in Taiwan; and both in 2011 and 2012 the number of foreign students of Asia University is ranked No. 7 officially in all private universities in Taiwan.
Attainable rich and various scholarships for you to apply ---
· Asia University offers many scholarships to help you finish your studies and carry out your dreams, including scholarships for freshmen, students from poor families, part-time students, students with good academic achievements, etc. with supports up to 360 million NT dollars.
· Also offered by Asia University are scholarships for seeking new careers or creating startup companies.
· There are also many part-time jobs for you to find financial supports in the campus.
Conducting in-depth running of the school and thoughtful cares of students, and offering a leadership development program to cultivate future leaders ---
· Asia University emphasizes the importance of the service and learning program as well as the general education. It is hoped to cultivate students with broad minds and global views. The campus design is very artistic and delicate. The president regularly holds meetings with students and answers their e-mails and questions to take care of their needs full-heartedly.
· Students can apply to take the leadership development program, which provides various benefits, including intensive language training, leadership courses, overseas visits, and international exchanges. Each student finishing the program will be given a certificate of leadership development.
Offering complete degree programs for continuous education and establishing quickly five college-coordinated Ph. D. degree programs ---
· Asia University has set up 24 undergraduate, 17 master, and 5 doctoral degree programs, forming a complete system for students to seek continuous higher education degrees. Quality-guaranteed teaching and research in the departments cultivate good students who are recruited by many other domestic and foreign universities.
· With the strong faculty and well-organized curricula, Asia University has been approved to establish five Ph. D. degree programs (Computer Science, Healthcare Administration, Bioinformatics, Business Administration, and Digital Media Design) by the Ministry of Education in nine years --- a great honor and a new record for newly-established universities.
Making great efforts to run the school with daily-raising reputation under a well-organized board of directors with stable financial supports to the university ---
· Asia University makes every effort to run the school and its reputation is higher and higher, with very stable student recruitment and enrolment rates, both nearly 100%.
· The founder of Asia University is Prof. Chang-Hai Tsai is a sincere education expert, who is also the Board Chairman of China Medical University and was once appointed as an Advisor to the President of our country.
· Asia University has great vision, sincere management attitude, and stable finance under the guidance of a well-organized board of directors, aiming at establishing a world-famous distinguished university.
Bringing colorful campus life to you by a lot of student clubs ---
· There are 79 student clubs in the campus, including sports clubs and artistic clubs for your choice.
· The interesting and fulfilled activities help you learn the interactive and team spirits to enrich your university life.
Convenient transportation to vicinity and downtown areas ---
· Asia University is conveniently connected to many transportation routes, including No. 1, No. 3, and No. 6 Expressways, Chung-Chang & Chung-To Highways, as well as No. 3 Provincial Road.
· It takes only 20 minutes to the Taichung City by City Bus.
Providing modern dormitories and good food services for convenient campus life and ---
· All foreign students are guaranteed to live in dormitories which are new with good study space and recreation equipment. There are four new dormitories with the Internet and other convenient facilities for comfortable campus life. New-coming students are guaranteed to live in the dormitories. A dormitory service division in the office of the Dean of General affairs has been set up to help students. There are also many student social activities held in the dormitories.
· There is a big food court with many food stands and shops for your choices at lunch and dinner times. There are also several 24-hour convenient stores in or near campus which you can depend to live your life! Finally, near the campus there also many food courts and restaurants
Providing well-equipped labs for high-quality teaching and research and emphasizing cooperation with the industry to increase job opportunities for students ---
· Every department has established multiple labs with good equipments to support high-quality teaching and multiple-purpose research. The good research environment also promotes the professors' and students' innovation in research activities. Many research achievements of the university are leading in Taiwan and in the world.
· Departments in this university emphasize cooperation with the industry to offer internship for the students. This also promotes creation of jobs for the students at the companies where students have been trained. To take care of such student training and job-seeking works, the university has also established a center for learning and career development.